Friday, January 27, 2012

Big Little Inspiration

Have you had one of those days where it turned out nothing like you had planned.  You go through your day, same old, same old then BAM - a big little inspiration hits you upside your head.  That day for me was last week Saturday.  I participated in the Re-Discover Ewa Beach event which was coordinated by the Ewa Beach Community Based Development Organization.  First off, I really didn't expect much from this event. I had a little 6 foot space, it was their very first event, it was free for vendors to participate.  So I didn't expect much at all.  Boy was I wrong.  The event was run very smoothly, they had awesome entertainment continually throughout the day, there was food vendors and games for the kids, all of the vendoers were so warm and welcoming and the steady stream of happy and interesting customers kept me busy throughout the day.

But the biggest little inspiration came in the form of my neighbor.  Cyane.  She designed and created the cutest little bottle cap magnets, necklaces, and pulleys.  She had her own business cards, she recruited her friends and family to help her man her table, and at the end of the day, she treated her helpers to some shaved ice to thank them for their hard work.  I noticed throughout the day she would call people over to her booth and create excitement.  She even changed her marketing strategy by offering special discounts as the day progressed.  Oh, did I mention she was all of 9 or 10 years old?  I was totally amazed by her creativity, tenacity, focus, and drive to succeed that day. 

Maybe some of us can take a lesson from this 10 year old.  She was poised, confident and passionate about her creations and her business.  If you have a passion for something, take that chance and give it a whirl.  Step out of your comfort zone and stretch a little bit further. 

I know that one day she will be an amazing business woman.  When I grow up, I want to be just like her.

2 comments:

  1. these are really cute... is she still selling? i am interested...Debi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Debi! I know.....aren't they adorable? I got these 2 and a cute skull pulley. I will check in with Cyane and let you know.

      Delete